It's a Brave New World!

Monday, April 15, 2013

You may have noticed after Easter I stepped away from the blog for two weeks.  I was trying to find my writing voice.  I want this blog to be more than just show and tell.  I want to share - quilting designs, patterns, projects, techniques, and even the occasional show and tell.

Here's how it's going to work.

Motif Monday - I'll be sharing quilting motifs.  Some will be free motion and some will require marking.  For each new quilting motif I share, I'll also include a variation.

Technique Tuesday - I'll be sharing a different technique.  In some cases I'll be learning them and in other cases it will be a technique I've used for years.

Thoroughly Modern Thursday - I'll be sharing my take on modern quilting.  I'll share some of my own patterns and designs, as well as, some that I've stumbled across.

Free-Form Friday - I'll be sharing whatever I'm in the mood to share.  Maybe it's a show and tell of my FMQ for the week.  Maybe I'll show my progress on a BOM I'm working on.  It just depends on what's going on that week.

Midnight Madness Weekends - This is going to be fun.

  • Midnight Saturday: The first Saturday of the month, I'll be posting a Block of the Month.  Subsequent Saturdays will be about sharing the finished block in 2 - 3 different fabric sets.  
  • Midnight Sunday: Every Sunday I'll share my favorite post of the week.  There are so many great quilt bloggers out there.  It can be hard to keep track of them all.  
I'm really looking forward to the new format.  Please chime in and let me know what you think.  If you'd like to see something, let me know.

Today was announcement day so I'll be starting the new format tomorrow.  I hope to see you tomorrow for Technique Tuesday!

Quilt. Create. Enjoy!

Anna

Add a comment »

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.